Property: 7600 Dublin Blvd., Dublin, CA
Chabot-Las Positas Community College District was founded in 1961 and serves the San Francisco East Bay Area, particularly southern Alameda County, through its two colleges: Chabot College in Hayward and Las Positas College in Livermore. The colleges specialize in university transfer, technical training, continuing education, workforce development, contract education with local businesses and cultural enrichment. The district serves nearly 24,000 students and employs more than 2,000 administrators, faculty and classified staff.
During an unprecedented downturn in the economy that was causing commercial real estate prices to fall precipitously, Chabot-Las Positas Community College District decided to investigate the merits of acquiring or constructing an office building strategically located near public transit. The District sensed this was a unique and cost-effective opportunity to further their goals of expanding educational services to the region while also reducing their carbon-footprint and providing much needed revenue to the District through building lease opportunities.
DCG provided Chabot-Las Positas Community College District with a thorough market analysis, including:
- Comprehensive analysis of the various acquisition and build-to-suit opportunities available to the District within one-half (½) mile of the Dublin/Pleasanton and West Dublin BART stations.
- A Public Solicitation process to determine the most competitive terms available for acquiring, or constructing, an office building situated within one-half (½) mile of the Dublin/Pleasanton or West Dublin BART stations, and representation of the District with respect to negotiating and acquiring land or a building of the District’s choice.
After a 2+ year engagement that included site identification, financial analysis and negotiation of a purchase agreement, the efforts of DCG enabled the District to save over $5,000,000 in the acquisition of the 65,000+ sq. ft. Dublin Professional Center in Dublin, CA. Features of the building include:
- Preeminent building in West Dublin within walking distance to BART
- Located in Dublin’s Specific Plan Area for Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) as part of the Downtown Dublin Specific Plan
- Easy Access to I-580 and I-680
- High Identity Corner Location
- Proximity to Numerous Retail Amenities
- Ground Floor Retail Space Available Fronting Dublin Boulevard
With an engagement with Chabot-Las Positas Community College District that continues to this day, DCG provides both Asset Management and Lease Management for the Dublin Professional Center. In addition, DCG continues to serve Chabot-Las Positas Community College District in analyzing how their assets might be most effectively and efficiently utilized to meet their core mission to provide the leadership and resources to ensure that all students within the District will continue to have an equal opportunity to pursue and achieve their educational goals.